WITN  | Lenoir, Greene County  | News, Weather, Sports

Smoking In Bed, Man Sets House On Fire

It's not the smoking hazard you normally hear about, but fire officials say a man burned his face after his bed linens caught his house on fire.

The Kinston Fire Department says they got the call to 1503 West Washington around 9:30 p.m. Monday night. A man smoking in his bedroom caught his bed linens on fire, officials say.

The man was able to throw the sheets out the window but burned his face. He was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Authorities say there's smoke damage throughout the house, but the
fire damage is contained to the bedroom.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 66355927 - witn.com/a?a=66355927