WITN  | Edgecombe, Nash County  | News, Weather, Sports

Family Loses Everything Two Days After Christmas

An Edgecombe County family has lost everything, including their Christmas gifts, after fire ripped through their mobile home Friday morning.

Volunteer firefighters were called to the home on Highway 111, north of Pinetops, around 11:30 a.m.

The home was gutted by the fire, but everyone made it out safely.

The owner tells us she and her husband, along with her oldest daughter and her 10 year old granddaughter lived in the home. Two other family members were also visiting at the time for the holidays.

Carolyn Bullock says her daughter saw smoke and fire, alerting everyone to get outside.

Bullock said the home used to belong to her mother who died about a year ago. She said after her mother's death, they moved into the home. Fortunately, they do have insurance.

County Fire Marshal Butch Beach says the fire began as a result of an electrical problem in an interior wall between the kitchen and a bedroom.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 237520361 - witn.com/a?a=237520361