Fire Injures One In Nash County

By: Christine Kennedy
By: Christine Kennedy

One person is injured, after a fire breaks out in Nash County.

Chief of Sharpsburg Fire Department, Randall Collie says his department got a call of a reported explosion, between Sharpsburg and Rocky Mount.

Nash County Emergency Management says the fire took place at 1693 East Highway 97 Monday night in Shenandoah.

When officers arrived on the scene, house was fully engulfed.

Reports say investigators traced the fire to a gas leak, after a propane-fueled wall heater was removed and the gas flow to the stove was turned back on.

Collie says a woman was transported to Nash General Hospital.

Authorities don't know the extent of her injuries. NBC 17 in Raleigh, says the person injured has third degree burns.

Hwy 97 was shut down after it happened around 7PM, but it's since been reopened.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 52918312 - witn.com/a?a=52918312