French Fries Fire Leaves Grandmother, Son & Grandson Homeless

Another Eastern Carolina family has lost their home during Thanksgiving week to a fire.

Three generations lived in the home on East Azalea Street in Rose Hill. Friends say the woman's son and grandson were making french fries last night when the grease fire got out of control and gutted their home.

Serena Gilbert had just paid off her house two months ago and didn't have insurance, according to friends. Her 28-year-old son and 5-year-old grandson were able to get out of the house without injuries.

Friends say Gilbert, who works three jobs, was at work when the fire broke out.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233474131 - witn.com/a?a=233474131
Gray Television, Inc.