Investigators say a fire that damaged a Jones County convenience store this morning was likely caused by an electrical problem.
Three fire departments were sent to the Maysville Variety Store on Main Street. The store is right next to the Maysville Volunteer Fire Department.
The fire began in the ceiling behind the cash register and there were no injuries.
The Maysville Fire Department, Pollocksville Fire Department and Belgrade Fire Department were dispatched.
The store will not be able to re-open today.