Fatal Fire Cause Released

By: Christine Kennedy
By: Christine Kennedy

A house fire that killed an elderly woman in Faison on Tuesday is being blamed on unattended cooking.

When firefighters showed up to Polly Williams home around 10 AM, it was engulfed in flames.

Williams who was in her 80's was also bed-ridden.

A relative who was also inside the home escaped uninjured.

Duplin County Authorities say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 47879322 - witn.com/a?a=47879322