A man in the east is recovering after he was burned at work Wednesday morning.
According to Stanley Kite, Director of Emergency Services in Craven County, the 42-year-old man was burned by a torch at Urethane Innovators. That's a plastic company on Industrial Drive.
The general manager of the facility says the man used a torch over a drum that apparently had some vapors inside. Those vapors lit on fire and created a fire ball.
The general manger says the flash burn happened very quickly and that the employee suffered minor burns to his stomach area.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.