NEW INFO: Family Loses Home In Fire

A faulty flue on a wood stove is to blame for a fire that left a Craven County family without a home.

The Assistant Fire Marshal for Craven County, Ira Whitford, tells WITN, fire crews responded to 190 Hilliard around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Hilliard Road is off Tuscarora Rhems Rd., about ten miles west of New Bern. Whitford says the crews could see flames shooting out of the trailer when they arrived.

The fire destroyed the home. The three people who lived there escaped the flames without injury, and the American Red Cross provided them with a place to stay Monday night.

Whitford says the fire began because of a faulty flue coming from a wood stove in the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 80693987 - witn.com/a?a=80693987
Gray Television, Inc.