Pamlico County Boy Survives Fire, Feels Lucky

An overloaded circuit is being blamed for a fire Monday morning in Pamlico County.

Assistant Fire Marshal Chris Murray says the blaze started around 4 am on G-Harper Lane, which is off of Highway 306 South in Arapahoe.

It was quickly put out and the home was saved but a bedroom was destroyed.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation and released from the hospital.

12 year old Josh Piscopo says that while many of his things are ruined, it could have been him.

The Red Cross and Pamlico Middle School where Josh Piscopo attends are helping the family during this difficult time.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by sue Location: greenville on Oct 19, 2009 at 06:25 PM
    Thank God he is ok. You can replace stuff but you can't replace a life.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 64850697 - witn.com/a?a=64850697
Gray Television, Inc.