A fire broke out in Morehead City Wednesday afternoon at 3813 Symi Circle Apt. 2. The family of six who lived in the now destroyed apartment survived, but their two pet cats died according to the Jacksonville Daily News.
Officials said the fire was electrical and started in the bedroom around 3:00 in the afternoon. The newspaper reported the apartment directly above the one that caught fire was also so damaged that the tenants had to move out.
The Daily News said the Brandywine Bay apartment complex owner is putting the families from both apartments in other units.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.