Grandmother Rescues 3-Year-Old From Morehead City Duplex Fire


Fire officials in Morehead City said a grandmother was quick to rescue her three-year-old grandson as a fire ripped through a duplex Tuesday morning.

Morehead City Fire Chief Jamie Fulk tells WITN's Alize Proisy the fire broke out at the Macon Court Apartments on Avery Street at 6:22 Tuesday morning.

Around that time, fire officials said neighbors woke up the grandmother, and she rushed to get the little boy out of the home.

Paramedics reportedly were soon on scene to help take care of the little boy before he was taken to Carteret General Hospital. The child was then transferred to the Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

According to Chief Fulk, one duplex is damaged and the other has smoke damage.

Fulk says the fire remains under investigation, but he believes it to be an accidental fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266196051 - witn.com/a?a=266196051