People who take ferries for business or pleasure should check the schedule before heading to the docks.
The state has suspended some ferry runs because of trouble with one of the vessels. The following runs between Swan Quarter and Ocracoke, and Cedar Island and Ocracoke have been cancelled for the time being:
- 7 a.m. run from Ocracoke to Swan Quarter
- 10 a.m. run from Swan Quarter to Ocracoke
- 2 p.m. run from Ocracoke to Cedar Island
- 5 p.m. run from Cedar Island to Ocracoke
Officials say the runs will be out of service until at least Monday.
The following runs will continue as scheduled:
- 7:30 a.m. runs from both Ocracoke and Cedar Island
- 10:30 a.m. runs from both Ocracoke and Cedar Island
- 1 p.m. run from Ocracoke to Swan Quarter
- 2 p.m. run from Cedar Island to Ocracoke;
- 5 p.m. run from Ocracoke to Cedar Island; and
- 5 p.m. run from Swan Quarter to Ocracoke.
The state has a toll-free number to call for ferry updates: (800) BY-FERRY. You can also log onto www.ncferry.org