WITN  | Bertie, Martin County  | News, Weather, Sports

Fire At Williamston Motel

Fire crews responded to a fire at the Inn at Moratoc in Williamston early Friday morning.

Williamston Fire Captain Kenny Warren says crews got the call at 6:05 a.m. Friday. A person in the motel spotted flames shooting out the window of a room across the motel's courtyard.

The fire and smoke was contained to a room on the second floor. No other fire alarms or smoke detectors were activated. No guests were staying in the room that caught on fire.

Captain Warren says early indications show the heating unit in the room malfunctioned, and the sofa caught on fire.

Warren says damage was limited to the room where the fire was, along with the window in the adjacent room that crews needed to break.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134897438 - witn.com/a?a=134897438