Fire At Williamston Motel

Fire crews responded to a fire at the Inn at Moratoc in Williamston early Friday morning.

Williamston Fire Captain Kenny Warren says crews got the call at 6:05 a.m. Friday. A person in the motel spotted flames shooting out the window of a room across the motel's courtyard.

The fire and smoke was contained to a room on the second floor. No other fire alarms or smoke detectors were activated. No guests were staying in the room that caught on fire.

Captain Warren says early indications show the heating unit in the room malfunctioned, and the sofa caught on fire.

Warren says damage was limited to the room where the fire was, along with the window in the adjacent room that crews needed to break.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134897438 - witn.com/a?a=134897438
Gray Television, Inc.