Electric Lineman Shocked In Bertie County

An electric lineman is in a Norfolk hospital after being shocked while on the job Wednesday in Bertie County.

Company officials say Chad Simmons was seriously injured when he came in contact with a live wire around noon. Simmons, who works for Roanoke Electric Cooperative of Ahoskie, was in a bucket truck in the Aulander area when the accident happened, according to cooperative vice president Marshall Cherry.

Simmons, who is in his mid-20's, has been with the company for the past five years. The accident remains under investigation.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139026574 - witn.com/a?a=139026574
Gray Television, Inc.