Fire investigators said the cause of a fire that destroyed a home comes down to bad extension cords.
Captain Kenny Warren told WITN a call came in at 6:45AM on Tuesday at 511 West Church St. in Williamston. When firefighters arrived, flames were coming out of the windows of the brick home. Crew worked for an hour to extinguish the flames. The home was destroyed.
While no one sustained any serious injuries, one firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated for over-heating. He is expected to recover.
Warren said the cause of the fire was bad extension cord that became overheated.
The family of three escaped the fire without injury.
Dispatchers said the reported fire was at 511 West Church St. in Williamston, which is a brick home.
We will keep you posted as we gather details on this breaking news.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.