Crews Extinguish Williamston House Fire

Fire crews in Williamston got called to a house fire early Thursday morning.

Officials say the home at 105 N. Pearl Street caught fire. Dispatchers received the call just after 4 a.m. The Williamston Fire Department responded.

One person was in the house, officials say, and they escaped without injury. Crews were able to extinguish the fire in the bedroom. They're not sure what started it, but they're looking at whether the fire is the result of an electrical problem.

The person living there is now staying with family, officials say.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Citizen Location: Williamston on Feb 5, 2010 at 08:13 PM
    All of them guys did a great job. Revels and Peaks did a great job putting the Brakes on that fire. Job well done.
  • by fire/rescue Location: jamesville on Jan 30, 2010 at 05:34 PM
    great job guys. it was paged out as bed on fire, so how did it become possibly electrical?
  • by monkey Location: williamston on Jan 28, 2010 at 06:05 AM
    WAY TO GO WFR,GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS.
  • by cindi Location: williamston on Jan 28, 2010 at 05:12 AM
    You guys ROCK!!! Keep doing what you do.....
  • by JT Location: Gville on Jan 28, 2010 at 04:38 AM
    Great job WFR!!!
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 82880972 - witn.com/a?a=82880972
Gray Television, Inc.