Kerosene Heater May Have Caused Deadly Fire

A kerosene heater may be the cause of a deadly house fire in Bertie County.

It happened at a home on Powell Street in Colerain on Friday. Sheriff Greg Atkins says 45-year-old Clifton Miller was the only person in the house at the time of the fire.

Atkins says the home received severe damage. The sheriff says they believe the fire began as a result of a kerosene heater, though they are still investigating.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 82623367 - witn.com/a?a=82623367
Gray Television, Inc.