A family in Washington is out of their home after fire officials say kids playing with matches sparked a fire.
It happened at a home at the intersection of East 6th Street and Aycock Street at 4:20 Thursday afternoon.
Fire officials tell us the father living at the home told them three children were playing with matches on the front porch, and part of the porch caught fire.
The flames spread to the front portion of the house, but fortunately, crews were able to control it within 15 minutes after they arrived.
No one was injured.
Officials say 25% of the house has significant fire damage, the rest of the home just has smoke damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.