WITN  | Beaufort County  | News, Weather, Sports

NEW INFO: Fire And Ice: Freezer Sparks Fire At Beaufort County Gas Station

Just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday fire crews were called back out to the Red Apple store at 835 West Main Street in Belhaven for a a fully involved fire. Firefighters had just left the scene believing they had put out a fire caused by an ice freezer.

A neighbor says firefighters were on scene just before 11:00p.m. spraying water on the roof where smoke was coming out.

There were no reports of injuries as of late Thursday.

PREVIOUS STORY:
Several firefighters responded to the call of a fire at a gas station about 8:30 p.m.Thursday night in Belhaven at the Red Apple store at the Wilco Hess station on West Main Street. Firefighters say they found an ice freezer caught fire and caused minor damage to the interior of the building. No one was injured.

The Belhaven Volunteer Fire Department was backed up by Pantego Volunteers.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 156093195