WITN  | Beaufort County  | News, Weather, Sports

NEW INFO: Young Family Safe After Early Morning House Fire

A family is safe after an early Friday morning house fire. Firefighters say that family included an 11-month-old boy.

Every room in the house was destroyed, and the brick that remains is charred.

Click the Photos tab above to see pictures from the scene.

Crews were called out to Gall Road outside of Belhaven across the Hyde County line around 3:40 a.m. They had put the fire out around 4:45.

The Ponzer Volunteer Fire Department in Hyde County responded, along with the Scranton and Belhaven fire departments.

Eve Richardson with Ponzer says a family was in the single story home when the fire broke out. Everyone made it out safely.

The Red Cross is on scene to assist the family.

Firefighters are looking at whether a wood stove caused the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142034263