Family Loses 2nd Home To Fire This Year

A Beaufort County family is trying to pick up the pieces, after a fire destroyed their home for the second time in six months.

Chocowinity firefighters say homeowners Brian Belote was lighting his fireplace Sunday night. The chimney in his double-wide mobile home on Whichards Beach Road quickly filled up with smoke and the home caught fire. The home was a total loss.

On April 15th, the Belote's home on River Ridge Road in Washington was heavily damaged by fire. Firefighters say both fires were accidental and that the family has certainly had a run of bad luck. No one was injured in either fire.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 21, 2009 at 04:51 PM
    To concern--That was really nice. Thanks.
  • by Dar Location: Wilmar on Oct 20, 2009 at 08:31 PM
    Bryan is the Scoutmaster for Troop 21 in Washington and he, along with his Assistant Scoutmasters do so much for our local scouts. Our local Blackbeard District Executive sent out emails to all scouts and families regarding the fire. Donations can be mail to: Lucy Grist, Blackbeard District Executive, Boy Scouts of America ECC, P.O. Box 1711, Washington, NC 27889. If you want to remain anonymous, you can send a money order or cashier check in any amount as anything at the point in time will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Bryan for "doing it for the boys" from a scout mom and may God give you and your wife tremendous comfort during this time of need.
  • by Lisa and Kevin Location: Clermont, FL on Oct 20, 2009 at 05:06 PM
    If you guys need anything let us know. If there is a monetary fund being compiled, please list it. We love you guys and miss you.
  • by Jim Location: washington on Oct 20, 2009 at 04:16 PM
    Bryan please shoot me a email if you read this. JimF
  • by Geenee Location: Boston, MA on Oct 20, 2009 at 02:48 PM
    I can't believe how callous people are being. This was a tragedy. Maybe it could have been prevented by having a professional chimney sweep come in and inspect and sweep the fireplace each year, and I suggest everyone else do the same. Check out the property and death toll due to fires at www.csia.org maybe you'll learn something.
  • by to gamer Location: winterville on Oct 20, 2009 at 02:10 PM
    To gamer did you ever think that maybe the fireplace may have been their only source of heat. Grow up and get a life or how about this instead of the negative comments how about quit playing your games and get up and ralley to see what you can do to help this family. To the family stay strong and god bless.
  • by Gamer on Oct 20, 2009 at 01:27 PM
    Hmm.. my solution would be to stop using fireplaces.
  • by BILLIE Location: WINTERVILLE on Oct 20, 2009 at 01:03 PM
    THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOUR FAMILY SO SORRY ...."C" IF YOU NEED ANYTHING PLEASE CALL ME WE LOVE YOU .....JOSH,CHRIS,BJ
  • by Anonymous on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    he probably cant get no more home insurance.
  • by Kristin Location: Washington on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    This family is very close to me and my family. This is such a tragic thing and I hate so bad that they are having to go through this. I pray that they are able to hold their heads up high and stay strong. To "J" - I haven't heard of any donations yet... that's not to say that they're aren't any going on though. They do have a child that still lives with them and she is 16/17. They also have two young grandchildren (boy/girl).
  • Page:
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 64964872 - witn.com/a?a=64964872
Gray Television, Inc.