Four people were taken to the hospital after a phosphoric acid leak at PCS Phosphate in Beaufort County this morning.
It happened about 7:15 a.m.
The four are contractors, who work for a company called Austin Industrial.
They were working in the phosphoric acid department, cleaning up around the tanks, when a PCS spokeswoman said one of the lines failed.
Phosphoric acid can cause eye irritation, burns and inhalation can cause irritation to the upper respiratory system.
Two of the contractors were taken to Beaufort County Medical Center. Officials say they were treated and released. The other two were treated at the hospital in Craven County.
PCS officials say the problem with the line has been resolved, and they are working to figure out what happened.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.