Fire Damages Beaufort County Home

A fire damaged a home in Beaufort County Wednesday evening.

Firefighters say it took over thirty minutes to contain the blaze that started in the living room of the house on River Ridge road.

Officials do not know the cause of the fire and say nobody was injured. One girl says she was in her bedroom when she heard a loud noise. She looked downstairs and frantically realized she was in danger.

Brian Belote, who owns the home, says he's most upset that an Eagle Scout badge was damaged in the flames. Belote says he is a scoutmaster and was preparing to award one of his scouts the highest rank in the Boy Scouts.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Lisa Metts Location: Orlando, FL on Apr 16, 2009 at 08:50 AM
    You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, just let us know.
  • by Lisa Smith Location: Chocowinity on Apr 16, 2009 at 04:17 AM
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!!
  • by Michelle Location: Washington on Apr 15, 2009 at 08:14 PM
    May you and your family be blessed. It takes a truely kind and considerate person to be a Scoutmaster to these boys. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your scouts.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 43072387 - witn.com/a?a=43072387
Gray Television, Inc.