Mom's carrot cake ingredients: Cream cheese icing:
Mom's carrot cake ingredients:
Cream cheese icing:
Mom's carrot cake directions:
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add slowly the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon which have been sifted together.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes two 9-inch cake layers. Let cool and frost with cream cheese icing.
Cream cheese icing directions:
- Beat shortening and cream together.
- Add the sugar gradually.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Mix well and spread over cake.