You’ll also need wax paper, a rolling pin, frosting, and cookie cutters.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Blend in molasses and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger spice, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt.
- Gradually combine ingredients into one bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle some flour on wax paper to keep dough from sticking.
- Use rolling pin to roll out dough on wax paper.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a baking sheet pan.
- Use a spatula to put cookies onto sheet.
- Bake cookies for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pan immediately.
Once the cookies are cool, time to decorate! I like to use both regular and gel frosting, and it’s easiest to buy the kind with tips that help you decorate. Red Hots and sprinkles work great, too. If you’re making the cookies to bring to a party or work, cookies with just regular frosting travel best. And after all that work, enjoy!