Topsail Condo fire caused by faulty electrical outlet

View Map

ONSLOW COUNTY, NC (WITN) - A fire at a condo at the beach has been traced to a faulty electrical outlet.

The fire happened Tuesday in North Topsail Beach, at the Topsail Reef Condominium Complex.

Fire crews evacuated people from the building and no one was injured.

Officials say the fire was contained to two upper units in building 7, and there is water damage in one of the first floor units.

Officials say the fire started accidentally in a wall outlet.