VANCEBORO, N.C. (WITN) - The Vanceboro Police Department arrested three people after several weeks of investigating a check fraud case.
Miasia Roberson, 18, of Vandemere, Latron Allen, 36, of New Bern, and Nastassja Green, 20, of Vanceboro, are all now facing felony charges related to this case.
The investigation showed that the checks had been created and cashed from other jurisdictions within Craven and Pitt County.
The case generated 72 felonies and several misdemeanors from the Vanceboro Police Department. More charges are pending from surrounding agencies, according to Vanceboro Police.
In a release, the Vanceboro Police Department thanked the Craven County Sheriff's Office, Havelock Police Department, Ayden Police Department, New Bern Police Department, NCDPS Probation and the Craven County District Attorney's Office for their assistance.
Below is a list of charges each of the suspects face:
- Miasia Roberson:
- (F) Identity Theft
- (F) Attempt to obtain property by false pretense
- (F) Attempt uttering of forged endorsement
- 2-(F) Forgery endorsement
- 2-(F) Forgery of instrument
- (F) Possession of counterfeit instrument
- $39,000.00 secure bond
- Latron Allen:
- 8-(F) Forgery of Endorsement
- 4-(F) Uttering Forged Instrument
- 4-(F) Obtaining property by false pretense
- 12-(F) Conspiracy
- (F) Posses counterfeit instrument
- 4-(F) Aid and abet forgery
- $50,000.00 secure bond
- Nastassja Green:
- 3-(F) Forgery of Instrument
- 3-(F) Uttering Forged Endorsement
- 3-(F) Forgery of Endorsement
- 3-(F) Obtaining Property by False Pretenses
- 9-(F) Conspiracy
- 3-(F) Possess Counterfeit Instrument
- (F) Aid and Abet Forge
- Released on written promise