Officials say a cigarette possibly started house fire

SBI Arson Investigators are now saying a cigarette in one of the bedrooms is possibly what caused a house fire in Plymouth.

Lt. Arnold tells WITN they responded to a structure fire on Reno Rd. around 8:45 a.m. on Friday morning.

Officers say neighbors two doors down saw white smoked and called 911.

The owners came home a few moments later and also called 911 according to Lt. Arnold.

Plymouth Fire Department responded and had assistance from Pungo Fire Department.

The house has been deemed a total loss.