Pan Seared Smoky Mountain Rainbow Trout Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Windows on the Park Holiday Inn World’s Fair Park Chef Tom Ortman recipe
1 cup almonds, slivered
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 egg, lightly beaten
4 (6-ounce) trout fillets
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP butter
½ cup chopped shallot
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp fresh dill
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup orange juice
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1) Grind almonds in a food processor until coarse. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add flour and bread crumbs
2) Place eggs in a separate medium bowl.
3) Dip each trout fillet in egg, shaking off excess; dip into almond mixture, turning to coat.
4) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add trout and cook until golden on both sides, turning once, about 7 minutes total. Remove trout from skillet; place on serving platter.
5) Add butter to skillet; melt over medium heat. Add shallot, zest, thyme, and dill; cook until shallot is softened, about 3 minutes, stirring.
6) Increase heat to high; add wine and cook until evaporated, scraping up bottom of skillet. When almost dry, add cream and juice to skillet; cook until thickened slightly, stirring, about 2 minutes. Season to taste.
7) Pour sauce over trout; serve immediately.