Chef Jeramy Ouart
Crusty Baguette-1 each, quartered
Leaf Lettuce-1/2 head
Tomato, Sliced- 8 slices
Tartar Sauce- 1/2 cup
Cocktail Sauce- 1/2 cup
Oysters, Large, Shelled- 2 dozen
Flour, A.P.- 4 cups
Blackening Seasoning- 4 TBL
Kosher Salt- 4 TBL
Buttermilk- 4 cups
Vegetable Oil- 2 quarts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Preheat vegetable oil in heavy-bottomed, 3-quart pot to 350 degrees.
3. Combine the flour, salt and blackening seasoning together in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. In a separate bowl, pour in buttermilk.
4. Check the oyster for any shell or pearl fragments by gently pressing each. Bread each oyster by dredging in seasoned flour, dipping in buttermilk and dredging again through the seasoned flour.
5. Place oysters in fryer in batches of 8 and cook 1:30-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove, and place on folded paper towel to blot excess oil.
6. While the first batch of oysters cook, re-toast the baguette in the oven for 3 minutes.
1. Spread 2 TBSPs of tartar sauce on the top of the bun and 2 TBSPs of cocktail sauce on the bottom of the toasted baguette.
2. Line the bottom of the baguette with leaf lettuce.
3. Place 2 slices of tomatoes atop the lettuce.
4. Pack 6 oysters into the baguette.
5. Serve with fries.