Hugging, kissing, holding hands, and any kind pf physical intimacy will make you healthier.
When we welcome a hug or touch our bodies releases oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin which provide pleasurable feelings and also have a major impact on our physical and mental well being. Oxytocin increases our desire to bond, dopamine improves our mood, and serotonin protects us against depression.
Extensive studies indicate physical affection will:
1. Reduce stress and blood pressure
2. Increase the level of antibodies, thus reducing our susceptibility to infection
3. Improve our cardiovascular system and reduce our chances of
heart attack and stroke, especially in men
4. Increase confidence and self-esteem
5. Reduce pain (As oxytocin surges, endorphins increase and
6. Reduce prostate cancer risk
7. Help us sleep better through the release of oxytocins
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.